Monday 26 September 2011

On The Road Again...

It has been quite the experience the past two weeks. I had my own chauffeur to restart my club visits. My sister Ann Waska flew up from Houston to help me out. It was great to have her here and for her to see how wonderful Rotary is and why I am caught up in it.

I started with my own club and have visited 14 since she arrived. I now have the go ahead to drive again, so I no longer require the chauffeur.

I must say that I am so impressed by all the clubs I have visited! What wonderful, caring, giving people Rotarians are...All the great projects you are involved in, you truly “Reach Within to Embrace Humanity”. You will be able to see pictures of your club visit on Facebook. 

On a sad note, it is always hard to lose our beloved members. I received notification of the loss of Dave Wood from the Rotary Club of Monroe. The club had a You Tube video made in his honor before he passed away, which he never got to see. If you get at chance, please view it, it shows what our everyday Rotarians do and how it affects our communities. My sympathies go out to the Rotary club of Monroe for this tragic loss.

If you have lost a Rotarian from you club please let me know. We will be doing a memorial at the District Conference





No comments:

Post a Comment