Tuesday 22 November 2011

A Week At A Glance

It has been a couple of weeks since I have been here. This is what I have has been up to.

From November 10th to the 13th I attended the Zone Institute in Palm Springs. It was a great week of information, fellowship, and rubbing shoulders with many past RI Presidents, Directors, as well as DG classmates. The theme for the Institute was Peace and Reflection and one of the highlights was the release of peace doves. As they flew off in formation across the clear blue sky, they touched our hearts with a reminder that peace and understanding is what we are about.

This past week I finished my last Club visit to Monroe. I will miss these visits as I have enjoyed them immensely. I will return to many of the clubs in the coming months for various reasons or just because I want to see you.

Saturday night was our Foundation Dinner where we raised $5600.00 in support of The Rotary Foundation. There are more donations coming in and a final number will be forth coming. My congratulations to Tom Koeing joined the ranks of the Paul Harris Society, Frank Jarvis on becoming a Bequest Society Member, William, Rose Dyke Bequest Society, Frank, and Barbara Fagan on the Permanent Fund Endowment for District 5050.

Gifts like these keep the Foundation going and allow us to do our work to promote peace and goodwill throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment